Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Formal Update

Dear Family and Friends, September 8, 2008

As I sit here in my room with less than 2 weeks before I leave for Outreach, I think back and stand in awe of what God has been doing in my life. He has been blessing me with new friendships and future connections; He has been lavishing His love on me and providing for my needs; He has been showing and giving me His heart for the nations. I praise God for what He has been doing, and I know He has so much more in store for me.

Let me update you on what I have been doing thus far. Starting on July 3rd, a total of 51 students arrived for the Summer
Discipleship Training School here in Kona. Although I did not know one single person, I have formed close friendships with many of individuals from different nations. Before we started the DTS, the Lord put one word in the hearts of our leaders and staff that would characterize our class: LOVE. I have seen the Christ-like love we shower upon each other as we pray and provide for one another. And, I have experienced the amazing love of God in bringing me here and allowing me to grow in my relationship with Him.

We have had topics focused on the Father Heart of God, Laying Down Our Rights, Spiritual Warfare, Identity in Christ, Supernatural Lifestyle, Cross Cultural Communication, and Destiny by Design. We have been having awesome encounters with God and His love for us and we've seen amazing freedom take place in so many of our lives. We are now finishing week 9 of lecture with 2 more to go until we leave for outreach. We have teams going to San Francisco, South Africa, China, India & Nepal, India, and 2 teams going to London and Belfast, Northern Ireland. I will be going to London and Belfast with 6 other YWAMers and we will focus on community transformation. We will be there for 3 months and our goal is to radically pour out God's love on this community as we come and serve, spend time with, and bless the people there. God has put it in our hearts to work with children and youth, and hang out with people in cafés around town. We are so excited!

Personally, I still need about $1300.00 in order to have the rest of my needs met. We've already purchased our plane tickets, but now we need money to cover our costs of living. I'd like to ask if you would consider praying about giving financially towards this mission trip. The balance of the cost is due this Wednesday, but I will be leaving for outreach on September 18th, but I could still receive support during the duration of my stay in London and Belfast. At the bottom of this letter is information about how you can financially give towards my outreach. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do, so that I can know how much money is on its way. Thank you!

In addition to financial support, I am absolutely in need of much prayer support. Please be praying for our school and my outreach team (Janet – leader, Roxie, Daniel, Kevyn, Helen, Nina K., and me). Also, please pray for me personally for God's strength and perseverance. I need God's protection and strength to continue on with all God has for me during this time.

I do miss you guys, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I will see you in a few months. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I am so grateful for you and for being a part of your life. Please let me know if there is any way that I can pray for you, your family, and your friends.

For God’s Glory,


Niña Villarin
Proverbs 3:5-6

** If you would like to give financially, please send checks to:
Community of the Word
C/O Nina Villarin
3825 Glen Ridge Drive
Chino Hills, CA 91709

No comments: