Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!

Last Thursday the BF took me out on a special date. His clues...1) wear comfortable jeans and a shirt and 2) bring my glasses.
I was really excited as he drove around Manhattan Beach. As I was driving, I saw people walking towards a park, with blankets in hand. We finally parked and the BF, carrying a backpack, and I walked over to the park to find more clues.

There was a stage in the middle of the park...


There were loads of people, the audience if you will, lounging on the grass and enjoying the cool summer air...


I looked around and finally saw a sign: Shakespeare by the Sea!! This production performs FREE Shakespearean plays at various venues during the summer.


We enjoyed a lovely and healthy meal (thanks to Flamebroiler) and managed to take a picture before the play started.


This was taken at the end of the play, As You Like It. I didn't study this play in college, and it took some time to get used to the language, but I was able to pick up what was going on. And they all got married and lived happily ever after. =)


There was a Meet and Great at the end of the show and I took a picture with one of the main characters, Rosaline.


After, we went to Lotus, enjoyed some delicious yogurt, walked down the pier, stopped by to pick up something from Anthony and Karen, and headed back home.


Shakespeare, the sea, my BF's surprise date, and God making it all happen makes me smile... =)

3 comments: