Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Over and Above

That's God. He goes over and above what we ask or think. I felt His love and blessing as I was able to spend time with Kevin not once, but TWO times in the Philippines!!! Before I left, Kevin and I knew that we would be in the PI together, but we weren't sure if we would be able to see each other. So, we just played like we wouldn't see one another for 6 weeks. Didn't want to get my hopes up!. I prayed, and Kevin prayed, and others prayed, and God answered our prayers!

Meeting #1: Tuesday -- I had a free day today, and made plans the night before to spend time with the Gruezos. I was so excited at night, but when I woke up the next morning, I got a call from a sick boyfriend. =( He tummy wasn't feeling too hot, so he opted to say home and get some rest. I was bummed, but I thought that I just HAD to see him. So, Krissa and I took a taxi (and got ripped off big time!!! grrr...) and headed over to Eastwood from Pasig and I got to see him!!! We just hung out at his aunt's condo, and then headed down to the Eastwood Mall for a bit. And then Kris and I headed out to Greenhills to do some mad shopping. At least I got to see him for a bit right? I thought we had a full day on Wednesday, but things got changed and I benefited.

Meeting #2: Wednesday -- We distributed goods and spent time with the community under the bridge. I'll write more about that later. But, we were done quite early (10am) and so we got home, showered, went to Robinsons, had lunch, team devotion, and then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. I seized the moment and contacted the BF. They met up with me at Robinsons, though there was a typhoon raging outside, and I got to spend the rest of the day with Kevin and his family. I just prayed for one day, but He gave me two! Over and above. That's the God I love.