Thursday, February 19, 2009

2002, 2009

I LOVE reading through my old blogs and remembering life was like years ago. So different. I stumbled across this post from way back, and it just made me smile, of course.

Sept 3, 2002
My "PIC" (inside story) is leaving me for about 4 months...on Thursday morning she will be boarding a plane for London, where she will study Shakespeare and watch his plays at the Globe Theater! How amazing...I would love to watch Shakespeare there, but alas, I'm stuck in LA, destined to watch Shakepeare the way BBC knows best...whoohooo. Some of Ruby's stops along the way: Prague, Paris, Italy, Rome...wow...all in the span of 4 months! In the following four months my itinerary consists of working, studying, reading, working, studying, reading....hmmm...doesn't compare to a tour of Europe! Maybe someday my Prince Charming will sweep me off my feet and wisk me away to Europe...hmmm.. a very unlikely story for the time being...


7 years later, Ruby is married and has 2 beautiful kids. I just hung out with them and Owen and her little beauty was well. I praise God because He fulfilled this dream of going to the Globe Theatre and watching a live performance of one of Shakespeare's plays. And what is even more amazing is that God set me up so that my favorite play was playing: A Midsummer Night's Dream. Though I'm still waiting for my earthly Prince Charming, it's great to see how my King has swept me off my feet and wisked me away to Europe. Seeing God through the years makes me smile...

1 comment:

Aura said...

Awww, Neens! This made me smile (and teary-eyed) as well! I praise God that He has definitely granted one of the desires of your heart - seeing your favourite Shakespeare play at The Globe Theater! That's one of my dreams too! Anyway, we need to get our act together and meet up soon! :)