Friday, January 30, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T... Find Out What It Means To Me!

It's so amazing to be respected by people. It shows that they care. It shows that they listen to you and try to understand how you feel. They want you to be you, and to be comfortable being the person you were meant to be. That's how I'm feeling right now. I enjoy being me, with all my quirkiness and craziness. I know who God has made me to be, though this process is far from over. But, I know what I like and what I don't, and I'm not afraid to voice my opinions about different things. I won't feel rejected. It's just me being me.

I'm learning to respect myself. I'm learning to really love the person God made me to be. I'm learning to respect my body. I'm learning to look in the mirror and thank God that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I couldn't say that years ago. I wouldn't stick up for myself. I was a people pleaser, and would do things, even if I didn't want to, to please others. Good-bye to that pathetic person. Hello to the respectable me. I like this new change. Respect: yes, it makes me smile!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sock it to me, sock it to me...