Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Music



The Lord has given me this great desire and passion for music. He uses this avenue to speak to me and I absolutely love worshipping the Lord by singing and playing my baby, this guitar. I've only been playing for about a year and a half, but God has given me such a love for playing, and I definitely want to use this for His glory.

I praise God because I've been able to use songs to encourage others. As I pray for the, God puts a song in my heart and I, reluctantly at first, sing this song to them. It's so awesome when God does that! I will be leading (yes, leading!! ahhhh) a praise team for my DTS. There are 6 teams and I will be leading one and playing my guitar in another! Wow! Praise God!

I have also written my first song and can play it on my guitar! Never in my life would I think that I would write a song, but God gave me the lyrics and tune. I love it and it's just another way I can glorify my Savior. Thank you, Lord, for music. Yes...music makes me smile!

3 comments:

selle said...

that is awesome neen! i really wish i played. i know it's not too late...too bad i sold my guitar! hehe. can't wait to hear you play and sing! :)

Gen said...

that's cool, you should write your lyrics out so we can all see it...and record yourself on youtube so we can all hear it =)

katie said...

i love it! sounds like my ywam days/times with God.... that time committed to Him out there is sooo sweet.... and he totally spoke to me through worship- my guitar and my keyboard....yay for all that He is doing through you!