Sunday, February 28, 2010

Proverbs 3

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (5-6)

Trust. Trusting God with all of my heart, with all of my being, with all that I am. Trusting God, even though it doesn't make sense to me. God has used this passage many times in my life to help me through many different situations. He has reminded me to trust Hm when my bank account read $0.00; through tears of heartache; lying prostrate on the floor, tears flowing down, when I thought we were going to lose my beloved grandmother; while quitting my career to follow my dreams; in coming home to no job, no career, and many bills; while rejoicing and returning back to teaching. Trust God.

I know that I can trust God because He is my Father and He wants what is best for me. He has what's best for me in mind. I need to remind myself this quite frequently because, honest to say, I didn't think I would be where I am today. If I could have mapped out my life when I was 20, things would be very different, but I praise God SO MUCH for not giving me the liberty or power to do this. Because ultimately His map is what's best for me. I have trusted God in my past, and I know that I can trust God with my future. =) Not only will I trust, but I wait in anticipation, like a little girl the night before Christmas, to see what amazing things the Lord has in store for me. I wait, and smile...