Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Ghost

It's haunted me for many years
for as long as I can remember
Sometimes it goes away for a period of time
but it's just waiting for the right moment
for the second to come back in
and raise the hairs on the back of my neck once again

It doesn't have a face nor a name
but I know it's there
I feel its presence more prominent at times
I know it's always there
looming over me and watching
waiting for the second to scare

It came full force in college
with tears running down my cheeks
I just had to accept it
I felt like I couldn't do anything about it
I still feel like that sometimes
especially now

I thought it went away
It was slowly disappearing, slowly fading away
I thought my nightmares would finally end
but it was all just a trick to catch me off my feet
to scare me to my knees
to make me shudder beneath its howls
I'm haunted yet again

No comments: