Sunday, February 3, 2008

One day...

Finding contenment in the LORD and all He is for me. Praise God I'm really loving this time of singleness and using it to do all I can to glorify His name. I'm more and more excited to work with the Youth and continue to walk alongside them. They're crazy, but I love them! God is working in them and I praise God for the changes I see. The Holy Spirit is working...

Epiphany of the Week: I truly want to be with someone who I can be an "ambassador" with. I pray for someone who has the mindset that we are just passing through this world; this earth is not our home, but while we are here, we should live to glorify God. I desire someone who has a heart to serve and pour out his heart for the ministry, for others, for the sake of the gospel and the glory of God. I would like someone who encourages me to continue to serve and to press on; when I'm down and tired, I want him to remind me and lovingly rebuke me to love others and be compassionate for the lost. When I'm stressed out or disheartened, I want someone who will remind me of who Christ is and how He has everything planned out and all I need to do is trust Hiim.

When I start hanging out with someone, my closest friends always ask me "What about missions? Does he have a heart for missions?" Lately, my answer has been "no" or "I'm not sure." I pray that one day when I'm asked that question, I can say that He has a heart to serve, a heart for missions, a heart for the lost, a heart that is sold out for Christ. One day...if the Lord wills. Until then, I praise God that my contentment in the Lord is growing and He is reminding me that I have Him. What more do I need? HE is all satisfying. With HIM, I will never thirst, never grow hungry. Because of this, I smile...

No comments: