Thursday, October 4, 2007

Waiting Game

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 19:21

I praise God for this verse. God has used these words to help me through many trying times. It's such an awesome reminder that God's plans will stand. You see, I'm such a planner and I want things to happen NOW. But, right now He's having me wait. I've been waiting quite a bit lately...for many different things. I know that in God's perfect plan, and according to His perfect time, it will happen if that's His will.

I'm particularly waiting for an email for a Christian organization I've been praying for. I went on thier website and read about this internship program they have. It sounds like a great opportunity to serve elsewhere, but there's only one catch. I'm a bit too old to apply. I've emailed they to see if they would still consider me even though I'm one year older than the restrictions state.

I've been checking me email every day and waiting for thier reply. It's been about a week and I haven't heard anything yet. I see myself getting impatient, but I know I must wait. I'm growing impatient about going; I need to be still and continue praying earnestly for the Lord to reveal His will. I can't wait for HIm to uproot me and direct my stumbling feet. So here I sit, waiting, and still smiling...

No comments: