Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Home

I've gone through 3 days of school. Back to the lessons. Back to the books. Back to the long hours of work on and off campus. Back home. It feels good to be back: to hear the children call my name, to smell the sweet aroma of Expo whiteboard markers (haha), to feel the tender hugs of my past and present students, to speak the truth of God's Word. I love being "home" and yet something within me tells me that I won't be here forever. I can't call CHCS "home" for good. Something within me knows there's something else in store for me. I've voiced my thoughts to my principal, jokingly for now, but with a hint of truth. He just shrugs it off and hopes that I forget, or get too comfortable.

Don't get me wrong: I absolutely love working with my students, but my heart goes out to those who don't have the things my students have. My heart goes out to the poor, the underpriviledged kids. My desire is to work with children who don't have rooms full of videogames, ipods, technology...stuff. I don't know exactly where God wants me in the future, but I'm ready to go. I thought I wanted to wait and serve with someone alongside me, but I don't want to wait. I just want to go. I want to go whereever God want me to go, whenever He wants me to go, if He wants me to go. I'm ready to call a new place "home."

"Here am I, Lord. Send me."

2 comments:

Rubyellen said...

I know God has great things in store for you and I can't wait...Go where God sends you...Go where there is a need...Go follow that burden in your heart...I can only begin to imagine the great things that God will do through you. It makes me smile...

Eleazar & Heather said...

Be patient cuz, God will show you where he wants you. Heather and I will be praying for you. Just make sure that you are there for the wedding though...just kidding. We would love for you to be there but i know, God knows best. God will lead you where he needs you...by the way, where you gearing more with intercity ministries or like out of the country?