Monday, September 24, 2007

25 Years

My class and I have been studying the life of Abraham. God promised him that He would bless him with a child and that he would have many descendants. God promised and He always fulfills His promises..in His time. Abraham had to wait 25 years for this promise to be fulfilled. 25 years! This minor detail hit me for the first time this past week. 25 years! Though these years, Abraham faltered and took Hagar and made Ishmael. But, God still didn't back out of His promise. Abraham was old; his wife, Sarah was barren, but that didn't stop God. Nothing can stop God's plan.

25 years. God's plans are perfect and His timing is perfect. PERFECT. Even when things look utterly impossible (old man, barren wife) God can do it. There is nothing impossible with God. I'm learning more and more that God's plans and timing are perfect, even down to the littlest of details. When I think about it, I can't help but praise and thank God for His perfect plan and perfect timing. I get excited about what God has in store for me.

Lately I've been quite restless and really desiring to go. Where? I haven't the faintest. But, God's been reminding me that in His plan for my life, this is where He wants me: living at home, teaching 18 students, loving CFBC Chino Hills. This is where He wants me. I'm not going to close the doors on my desires for missions, but I must be content with where He has placed me... for now. I know that God will lead and guide me where He wants me, when He wants me. I can wait 1 year, or 25 years. I'm not going to stop praying and seeking His will. But I will be still and know He is God. No restlessness. This is where He wants me..and because of this, I smile.

No comments: